If you agree, stand up with me. If you disagree, please let me know.
This was passed to me and it sounds great. I would tighten it even more but it's great for openers...
The 26th amendment (granting the right to vote for 18 year-olds) took only
3 months & 8 days to be ratified! Why?
Of the 27 amendments to the Constitution, seven (7) took 1 year or less to become the law of the land...all because of public pressure.
Congressional Reform Act of 2011
1. Term Limits. 12 years only, one of the possible options below.
2. No Tenure / No Pension.
3. Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social Security.
4. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all Americans do.
5. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.
6. Congress loses their current health care system and participates in the same health care system as the American people.
7. Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the American people.
8. All contracts with past and present Congressmen are void effective 1/1/11.
The American people did not make the current contract with members of Congress. Congressmen made all these contracts for themselves.
Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, so ours should serve their term(s), then go home and back to work.
If each person contacts a minimum of twenty people then it will only take three days for most people (in the U.S. ) to receive the message.
MUCH OF WHAT WE FACE IN TERMS OF PRIVILEGE AND SELFISHNESS IN THIS COUNTRY MIGHT BEST BE CHANGED STARTING FROM THE TOP DOWN.
#2 Let me make this perfectly clear!
THIS IS MY COUNTRY!
And, because I make This statement _DOES NOT_
Mean I'm against immigration!!!
YOU ARE WELCOME HERE, IN MY COUNTRY!
Welcome! To come here legally:
1. Get a sponsor!
2. Get a place to lay your head!
3. Get a job!
4. Live By _OUR_ Rules!
5. _Pay __YOUR FAIR SHARE OF__ __Taxes!_
6. Learn the LANGUAGE like immigrants have in the past!!!
7. Please don't demand that we hand over our lifetime savings of _Social
If you don't agree with this
When will AMERICANS STOP giving away THEIR RIGHTS???
We've gone so far the other way, bent over backwards not to offend anyone.
But it seems no one cares about the AMERICAN CITIZEN's who are being offended!
WAKE UP America !!
Somtime in early 2010....
In a bid to stem taxpayer losses for bad loans guaranteed by federal housing agencies Fanny Mae and Freddy Mac, Senator Bob Corker (R-Tenn) proposed that borrowers be required to make a 5% down payment in order to qualify.
His proposal was rejected 57-42 on a party-line vote because, as Senator Chris Dodd (D-Conn) explained, "......passage of such a requirement would restrict home ownership to only those who can afford it."
You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.
You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift.
You cannot lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down.
You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred.
You cannot build character and courage by taking away people's initiative and independence.
You cannot help people permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.
| Those who beat their swords into plowshares...... will plow for those who did not
(Thomas Jefferson) And unfortunately the last line is also very true...
"He who votes does not have the power......